Adenco’s board of directors have taken a strategic decision to expand its foot print in Africa.
In 2008 Adenco Construction (Pty) Ltd. acquired a 51% stake in Adenco Model Power Limited. based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. Adenco Construction (Pty) Ltd is proud to be associated with ADENCO MODEL POWER Ltd. (AMP), which has a growing reputation for a ‘hands-on’ thorough approach to all engineering solutions, backed up by their prompt and efficient service. Their design & project scope include electrical, mechanical, town reticulation, industrial, high voltage & other special services, such as water treatment projects. In engineering design AMP‘s major clients form part of the main industrial sector with sophisticated designs in the Electrical, Telecom and Water Industries.
At present Adenco has a fully operational company in Tanzania. Building on this success, Adenco has initiated the establishment of similar entities in Nigeria, Kenya and just recently entered into discussions with Botswana & Zambia. Teaming arrangements in other areas in Africa are on the cards and it is Adenco’s intent to convert these as part of its medium term objectives.
- Adenco has undertaken and completed work in the DRC for Rand Gold (11 & 66 kV lines with a substation).
- Completed work in Tanzania (3 substations in Kagina, Arusha & Kokongo with ABB, facilities management etc).
- Adenco has a local company with a local partner (Adenco Model Power Ltd) in Tanzania.
- Adenco has signed a partnership agreement with Nairobi based Kesho Holdings to pursue opportunities in Kenya.
- Adenco has been appointed as the preferred partner to Cyan Holdings PLC , a United Kingdom based and London Stock Exchange listed company for distribution and installation of its mesh based flexible wireless solutions for utility metering and lighting control.